- What information we collect, store and use.
- How we use that information.
- How we protect that information.
What information do we collect, store and use?
- Information you provide. We collect, store, and use information you provide to us when you register with our services, order products or services from us or respond to a survey from us and additional information you provide to us. For example, when you order our products or services, you may provide us with your name, phone number, email address, financial information, requested products and services, delivery locations and other information. You are always free not to provide information to us, but then you might not be able to take full advantage of our services.
- Information we obtain from your use of our website or services.
- General. We also collect, store, and use information that is available to us as a result of your use of our website and/or our products and services, such as the volume of our products and services that you purchase and the frequency with which you purchase them. In addition, we may automatically collect other information such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser types, operating systems and URL addresses of sites clicked to and from our website. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may also request information about your roofing preferences. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general most of the information we request from you is required in order for you begin our program, sign up for a discount, participate in a survey or contest, ask us a question, or initiate other transactions on our website.
- Location Based Information. When you use a location-enabled service such as one of our mobile applications, we may collect, store, and use information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. Your location data will be used in connection with providing the products or services you have ordered from us. We periodically delete your location data from our system after it is no longer needed. We also may receive updated information from our haulers or other trusted sources which we use to update our records and provide our products and services to you. Such updated information may include delivery and address information, electronic signatures, delivery confirmation status and GPS coordinates.
a. help us recognize your browser as a previous site visitor,
b. to help us customize content based on what you click/access, and
c. to measure and research the effectiveness of our features and offerings.
- Proxy Information: When you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request personal information, roofing preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information, roofing preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
- Information from other sources: We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as units viewed and buttons clicked. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud.
- Other Web / Mobile Bits: We may use local shared objects (also referred to as “flash cookies”), or web beacons (tiny graphics with a unique identifier placed into the code of a web page). We use these technologies to monitor traffic patterns and enhance user experiences. Like other cookies, they can only access personally identifiable information that you have provided on this site, and cannot be accessed by other websites.
- Call Recording: We have established proper procedures to protect the privacy of all callers and call recipients in connection with call recording services, and otherwise fully comply with all applicable laws, regulations and governmental or self-regulatory guidelines. We create a digital audio recording of incoming telephone calls which may then be played, replayed, transcribed, monitored, analyzed and archived by employees, contractors, officers, agents, authorized representatives or other trusted third parties of T2k Roofing. Content may include, without limitation, personal and non-personal data related to such calls.
How do we use your information?
This website may share your information with the following entities and circumstances:
- Trusted third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or contests, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Companies within our corporate family.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties. For example, we may share website visitor and roofing statistics. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
You can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to book your roofing consultation or to take advantage of certain features offered on this site.
Additional ways that your information may be used:
- Provide products and services. We use the information we collect from you to provide our products and services to you, to improve our products and services, to develop new products and services and to protect T2k Roofing and our other customers. For example, we use information regarding your location to make deliveries of our products to you.
- Improve customer experience. We use the information we collect from you using cookies and similar technologies to recognize you when you return to our website, to aid you in using our website and to improve your customer experience with us and the overall quality of our services to you.
- Notification of improvements. We may use your email address and other contact information to let you know about additions, changes or improvements to our product and services offerings.
- Special offers. We may use your email address and other contact information to send your special offers from time to time, unless you “opt out” of receiving such offers at registration or request to “unsubscribe” within the offer. In addition, we may send you special offers from other companies. Again, you may “opt out” of these other offers.
- Affiliates and trusted businesses. We may share certain of the information we collect from you with our affiliates and other trusted businesses and individuals we have engaged to perform a service or function on our behalf. Examples include deliveries, sending email and evaluating site usage data.
- Business transfers. In the unlikely event that we are acquired or sell our assets, customer information such as the information we collect from you may be one of the business assets transferred to the successor company or purchaser.
- Law enforcement. If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information, then we will release information to comply with the law. We also will release information when we determine it is necessary to protect the life, safety or property of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Non-personal information. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly or with third parties.
How do we protect your information?
We want you to feel confident about using this website to reserve roofing consultations, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. We implement a variety of security measures. Only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. We use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. Following a transaction, your private information (credit cards, phone number, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
We use technology and security measures designed to protect your personal information. When you submit private information to us, we work to protect that information both on line and off-line, including:
- Working to protect the security of all information transmitted during transactions by using secure sockets layer (SSL) software, which encrypts all information transmitted.
- Using firewalls designed to protect against unauthorized intrusion.
It is your responsibility to protect passwords and access to your computers and other devices to prevent unauthorized access. While we take precautions to protect the security of your private information we maintain, no system can guarantee absolute security.
This is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
Reviews, Comments and Other Submissions
We appreciate hearing from you. Please be aware that by submitting content to this website by electronic mail, postings on this website or otherwise, including any roofing consultation reviews, photographs, video, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like contained in any submissions (collectively, “submissions”), you (a) grant T2k Roofing and our affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such submissions throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and (b) grant us and our affiliates and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such Submission, if they choose.
You are fully responsible for the content of your submissions, (specifically including, but not limited to, reviews posted to this website). You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this website:
i. any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material or content that would violate rights of publicity and/or privacy or that would violate any law;
ii. any commercial material or content (including, but not limited to, solicitation of funds, advertising, or marketing of any good or units); and
iii. any material or content that infringes, misappropriates or violates any copyright, trademark, patent right or other proprietary right of any third party. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any violation of the foregoing restrictions, or any other harm resulting from your posting of content to this website. You acknowledge that T2k Roofing has the right to control (e.g. use, publish, remove) any content you submit without notice to you. If you submit more than one review for the same roofing service, only your most recent submission is eligible for use.